21 July 2010

Menu Plan Monday... a lil late

So, I still Menu Plan at home, but I havent posted it in a long time. I love menu planning, I just don't really see how people do it otherwise. But that's my OCD, right?

When Will turned 1 I planned all the meals & snacks for the day so that I made sure he got all the food groups he needed. Now, I'm a little more flexible. I know that each meal/snack has to have certain things.

Breakfast we have a grain, a fruit, and every other day we make eggs. Grains for breakfast vary from bagels, toast, cold cereal, & once a week I make something special like pancakes or french toast & I make enough to have that one more time during the week. Fruit is either strawberries, blueberries, applesauce, peaches or even mandarin oranges.

Lunch we have grains, veggies, protein, & dairy (sometimes). Things like sandwiches, organic mac & cheese with veggies mixed in it, or leftovers.

Snack we have fruit & a grain. Grains like whole wheat crackers, nilla wafers, teddy grahams (which are actually pretty healthy!!), goldfish, & lately he LOVES pretzels!

So, anyway for dinner this week we have...
Monday- Cheese Ravioli in marinara & mixed baby califonia veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots)
Tuesday- Taco Salad
Wednesday- Out to Eat at the Melting Pot to celebrate Corey's success at work!!!
Thursday- Baked Crispy Chicken, smashed potatoes, broccoli
Friday- Vegetarian Lasagna (ricotta & spinach)
Saturday- Leftovers
Sunday-BLTs & homemade tomato soup

I'm really looking forward to the lasagna, it's been awhile since we've had it!
Also, wanna hear some good news? I convinced Corey, my dear husband, to learn how to cook, so he can make dinner one night, every other week. lol. I know some of you are blessed with husbands who cook, but mine is scared & this is a big step for us. Usually I cook or we go out to eat! haha. I never really mind, but I think this will be good for him/us. He'll gain confidence in his abilities, we'll save money not going out to eat just because I'm too tired to cook (we are having another baby!!), & I wont have all the pressure on me. I'll let you know soon what he plans on learning next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment