09 February 2011

Really?! Seriously?!

I am so frustrated with myself for being so easily frustrated!
How does that work?!
Some days I have all the patience in the world.
Some days I struggle to have patience & somewhat do.
Some seemingly good days quickly dissolve into a day without patience in the matter of an hour.
I hope I'm not alone in this. I don't think I am, or I probably wouldn't write it. Haha.

Want to know what most easily sets me down the road to "where is my patience!?"
Here's a scenario: Playing with toddler, while baby naps happily upstairs. Toddler becomes increasingly whiny (he still isn't talking very much) and loud. Time for baby to wake up. Baby cries as bottle is made. Toddler is jumping too close to baby. Feed baby. Baby dribbles formula bc baby is too interested in the world (aka toddler). Rotate so baby is facing wall (it does have art for her to look at!). Burp Baby, Baby spits up copious amounts of formula+spit, which goes everywhere (pants, shirt, feet, baby's clothes, & floor). Place Baby in bouncer. Toddler whining starts pushing Mommy. Correct behavior. Clean up spit up. Baby screams. Clean snot from Toddler & Baby. Baby screams. Toddler sneezes on Mommy. Toddler smells poopy. Change Toddler, put away spit up clothes, change mommy. Take Toddler's poopy diap to pail. Decide to spray with sprayer. Poop water EVERYWHERE! (this is where blood pressure starts to go up). Clean up. Bring poop-watered toys downstairs to be bleached. Carry Toddler downstairs. Toddler wipes nose on new shirt. Whatever. Move baby to tummy time. Go into kitchen to make lunch. Toddler whining at feet. Gently push away with crackers in hands. Toddler screams "OH NO", run into living area, Baby spit up all over play mat. Clean up. Good thing baby is naked. Heat up leftovers with Toddler playing at feet. Set it at kid table, bc why would anyone try to force toddler to sit at big table. Toddler doesn't want to eat. Toddler drinks his lunch. Baby spits up AGAIN! Sitting on the floor near kid table, encouraging toddler to eat, spot something out of the corner of eye... Dog poop stain from a few days ago. Think: well i guess we didn't clean it all up... NEED steam vaccum desperately. Try to clean up. Toddler finishes, whines to be put to bed. Check on Baby, little bit of spit up. Roll Baby over. Baby cries. Reassure Baby then put Toddler to bed. WHEW! Go to baby change diapers, dress, & tickle. Pray to spit up gods that it's over, pick up Baby. Upstairs cuddle baby to sleepy, place gently in crib. Come into computer room to blog about how inpatient you are because you yelled at Toddler, when it wasn't his fault. Then feel remarkably better from venting. Thank Blogger & blogging. FUTURE: Go downstairs to eat lots of chocolate. Remember there is no chocolate, pout, nap. OVER. lol

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh honey. I feel for you there. Sounds like quite a day. I have been struggling with being more patient with the kids, different issues of course because of the ages. I find myself yelling at them sometimes, and I get so mad at myself because I hated being yelled at as a kid. I've been really trying to work on calming myself down when I feel my anger getting out of control. One day I told the kids they had to go outside to play because Mommy needed a timeout and I read my Bible. LOL I'll be praying for you, girl. Wish we could get together for Starbucks or Chipotle's. Sigh. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was a hard day for you, but it makes me happy! Happy to know that I'm not alone and to know that I'm not a bad Mom for snapping every once in a while, too. Also, that it's okay to have a "breakdown". It's normal. This was me 2 days ago.

    ReplyDelete