20 April 2011

Will waking up his Deydee & a little more

First I should clarify that Will does not call Corey "daddy" but instead it's "deydee". I don't know.
Corey works the 11pm to 7am shift, so we at the Shipe household have giddy anticipation for the 4pm hour! Time to wake up Deydee! I've been trying new ways to wake him up, because Corey doesn't wake well.

Today we tried the Kiss Attack method. Apparently Corey is not a fan of that, as his first utterances were sharp "too much, too much". So, the quick thinking clever wife/mom I am, I tried the Let's All Sleep method. Cute, little, adorable, bull-in-a-china-cabinet Will did this...

Crawl over Deydee, stretch to turn off lamp, crawl back over to Deydee, push Deydee, push feet under covers, pull covers up, wiggle to get comfy, leans head back knocking Deydee in the mouth (yes, he was THAT close), makes a snorting snoring sound, lifts head up, says "scoose me", leans head back, wiggles, sits up, crawls over to lamp, stretches to turn light on, sits back, looks at parental units, & the whole process starts again!

Now imagine that no less than 15 times!! Seriously, I'm not exaggerating!! I could help but laugh every single time! He had this whole little process & what was with him repeating it so many times! haha
LOVE IT!!!

A little bit more about my little man...
We keep flirting with the idea of potty learning, but man does he know how to fight! For now we are changing him in the bathroom (a teeny, tiny bathroom btw) & offering him the option of sitting on the toilet. He has recently started throwing a tantrum every time I changed his diaper. It is starting to calm down & he even sits on the toilet after I get the diaper off. It's just getting him there! Oh well, everyone pees & poops in the potty eventually right?!

He seems like such a big boy now! He knows so much & does so much for himself. He is using mostly real cups, pours his own milk or water (from a small plastic pitcher), can make some simple snacks, helps me with almost all my cooking, serves himself, sets the table (-ish, he takes the stuff to the table), he can put on his outside boots all by himself! There is so much more, but you get the idea. It's so great to see him turning into himself! I really like him.
He is pretty considerate for his age & shares pretty well for his age. As you all probably know 2 is an emotional time in a kids life. They have all these really strong emotions they just don't know how to handle. They know so much, but can communicate so little. They have all these ideas of how they want things, but in general so little power. Sometimes I literally see Will a little scared of how intense his emotions are. Something that is SO strange to me, Will will do something not acceptable (like throw a toy) & I have to deliver the consequence (put it away for the day), he'll get mad at me, I try to help him through those feelings, he'll push me away, and not even a second later is asking me for comfort. It's getting more normal, but I remember thinking how ridiculous it is when it first began. haha. I am the enforcer, the helper, the teacher, & the comforter! What is great is that parenting is opening my eyes more to who God is! If only we were like children, so quick to turn to God for our comfort.

Will, you are such a sweet boy. You are growing so fast. I know that there are times when life seems very hard & your emotions are so strong, but I want you to know that I am here in those times. I will comfort you. I LOVE hearing your laugh, it brings so much happiness to my heart! I love your little expressions. I love how much you love your deydee. You are so caring! I feel so very blessed to be your mom, that you want to share your toys, day, world with me. Thank you for letting me teach you, thank you for making me Mom. I can't wait to hug you. You're my lovey!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Theresa! So sweet. I love you & miss our talks so much. It's such a blessing to read about your life and parenting job. :)

    ReplyDelete