20 July 2009

the 28 day challenge

Ok, here it goes. I almost chickened out.

The Mission: Go 28 days without any sweets
The Reason: I am a sweet junkie & I can't seem to eat them in moderation, so I think the best thing would be to detox from them. I want to lose weight & more improtantly be healthy. I heard that it takes 28 days to create a habit.
The Exceptions: Now to clarify, to me sweets are candy, cakes, cookies, ice cream, and the like. I'm not going to count my starbucks drink as a sweet (I hardly ever go there anyway). If I am having a really sluggish day I can have a caffinated beverage (including soda), but only one.
The Substitutes: yogurt, fruit, 100% fruit juice, 100% fruit juice homemade popsicles, yogurt raisins, banana bread, homemade whole wheat muffins, & stuff like that.
The Support: God, Corey, & whoever reads this.

I'm scared to write about this, because I really don't want to fail & then everyone on here know I'm a loser. So that is the reason I am writting about this. haha. Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!

    For Lent this past year I gave up sweets, for 40 DAYS! The first week is the hardest, but it's not so bad, and then you'll be making the right choices effortlessly. I know what you mean about not wanting to fail. If you do it for God, you won't want to fail him. So, you should be good to go! I lost the rest of my baby weight giving up that stuff, only problem is that I couldn't bake! It was far too tempting.

    ReplyDelete