19 September 2009

A Week in Review Sept 12-18th

Hey everybody,

I thought I would keep you all updated weekly, unless there is something special to write about.

The week before & half of this past week Corey was on day shift (6am-3pm). It was lovely, we were able to go on nice long walks after dinner & snuggle up alot with William before he went to bed & alone after he did. hehe. I miss it. He's back on swings (2pm-11pm).

So Saturday the 12th, we had a cookout with some of the guys from Corey's work & their wives/girlfriends. It was really fun. I met a few people & got to know some others better. The guys ended up playing video games & us women sat around talking, playing with babies, & ultimately playing boad games. People stayed over super late (think 1am), but it was all worth it.

Sunday we missed church. I was really bummed, but you can't always get what you want huh? It was our lazy day. We just hung out at home, took some walks, went to the dog park on base. I made minestrone, which is great because it fed us for a few dinners.

Monday I had a painting date with my friend Faith. She came over & I taught her the miniscule things I know about painting. I started painting 2 trees, we'll see how it ends up. If you never hear about it again... that means it's not good. haha. I mowed the lawn (I love to). I also found out our debit cards had been compromised!! So I spent the better part of the evening trying to sort that out.

Tuesday was Will's 6-month check-up. He is doing so well. 90th for height, 70th for weight, & 20th for head circumfrence (so weird, that last one). He got two shots & the nurse took a long pause in between them to ask a question. (Um Hello!!! My baby is in pain & wants his mommy, can we hurry this up & ask questions later?!) Other than that everything was dandy. Such a wonderful boy we have! By the time we got home Corey basically just had to check back in with work & he was off. Heaven! We spent time together, walked to our friends house & hung out for a little bit before Will's bedtime.

Wednesday Corey was back on swing shift (BOO). Faith & I went to Columbia to go to Michael's & of course we had to hit up starbucks! We also went to the BX & I finally bought a scale! Now I wont fall off the deep end of the weight gain 2009! haha. I still didn't have the whole debit card thing situated although each day I was trying!

Thursday was my first MOPS meeting of the season, Yaye! It was lots of fun & I don't know anyone in my group so maybe I'll make a lot more friends. I have to say one plus of Corey being on swings is MOPS is in the middle of Will's first nap (an important one), so he can just take his nap at home & I still get me-time. There are a lot of military wives in the group which is nice. So later in the day me & my buddy just hung out. We went to our friend Krystal's house, went on a walk & that's about it.

Friday it was raining so I couldn't go running! I did end up going to the grocery store spur of the moment (but I did make a menu & a list before we left). My friend Tracey & her daughter Hailey came over for a little while. This was the day we FINALLY got the whole debit card thing settled. Travis Credit Union gave us the $300+ back, but we are still waiting for our new debit cards.

It was a good week. Busy for us, but I'd rather be a bit busy than bored.
Next week I have on my agenda:
*Go to Lake Wateree with Corey's Flt.
*Call my Korinne, yes, she's MINE! haha jk
*get new jeans (I have 2 pairs & one has a hole!)
*call Corey's first shirt to become a Key Spouse
*paint my painting & the office wall
*post pictures
*start the cross-stitch I got at Michaels
*go running MWF
*settle dates to take pictures with the family

No comments:

Post a Comment