01 April 2009

CIO

Crying it Out... whew.

So, we have been following a flexible schedule since the day little Will got home. The schedule part has worked great, but along with it we have been trying to let him cry it out.

Now, first I have to say, there are TONS of people who have discouraged me from doing this. Telling me to just "go with the flow". Which I assume means pick him up & hold him all the time & stuff like that, because what baby wouldn't prefer to be held to sleep. I understand that that works for them & that's great, but it's not me. I tried doing it one day. I couldn't even do it half the day.

There are also some people who have encouraged me to keep on going.

Well, to say I have been in prayer about this & motherhood in general, is an understatement. It is excrutiating to listen to him cry, but I have a purpose in letting him self-soothe. Our goal is that he will be able to fall asleep by himself, which gives him healthier sleep, because he is not reliant on me to fall back asleep in the middle of the night.

People say babies this age are too young to cry-it-out, but that is not true. He is starting to get it. He would've likely gotten it much sooner, but we weren't very consistent & he is very persistent.

So, yes, I have bad feelings about cry-it-out, but I do believe that this is best for our family & more importantly for Will.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share with you all what we are going through. Yesterday, was killer. Today, so far, has been smooth sailing.

If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment